Our Commitment To Your Privacy.
• Why do we collect your information? We help consumers shop for insurance, discounted health plans and other related products by connecting consumers with insurance companies, insurance agents, discount program representatives and other vendors, including vendors who also help match consumers with insurance providers or other vendors (we refer to all of these as “Providers”, and we sometimes refer to both consumers and Providers as our “users”). Since we deal with many Providers, the more detailed information you provide to us, the more accurate a quote our Providers may help you locate.
• We do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while using our mobile sites or services.
• Newsletters. If you elect to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you may opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
Information We Collect And How We Use It.
• What do we collect and how do we use it? By clicking “Get your free quote” you expressly authorize up to eight insurance companies or their agents or partner companies to contact you at the number and address provided with insurance quotes or to obtain additional information for such purpose, via live, prerecorded or autodialed calls, text messages or email. You understand that your signature is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods or services and that you may revoke your consent at any time. You understand that the insurance companies or their agents or partner companies may confirm your information through the use of a consumer report, which may include your credit score and driving record.
• Our users may from time-to-time provide us with personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, your name, home address, telephone number, and email address.
• Examples of personally identifiable information may include:
First and Last Name
Date of Birth
• Certain of our users requesting quotations for health insurance may also be asked to provide certain personal health information, such as:
Major Health Conditions
Prescription Medications you or a family member may be taking
Whether or not you have been hospitalized in the past 5 years
Whether or not you have been treated by a doctor for a major health condition in the past year
• We process personally identifiable information as described herein and also for such purposes as:
To deliver our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
To conduct research and analysis in order to maintain and improve our products and services;
Ensuring the technical functioning of our system and network;
To aid us in developing new services;
To alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information and other new services. (You may opt-out of these communications if you so choose.)
To contact you in response to your requests for information; and
To provide you quotes from up to 8 Providers who may contact you using the information you provide or to obtain additional information needed to provide quotes.
• Further, we may aggregate information we receive from you and from our other users and may use or disclose such aggregate information to third parties in a manner that does not disclose any individual user’s personally identifiable information.
• Affiliate Sign up. If you wish to register as an affiliate we collect your name, company name, email address and phone number. We use this information for contacting potential affiliates to determine the potential for a business relationship. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
• IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CONSUMER REPORT PRACTICES AS STATED ABOVE, BY CLICKING “GET YOUR FREE QUOTE” AND SEEKING A QUOTE REQUEST, YOU AUTHORIZE AND AGREE THAT A PROVIDER MAY OBTAIN ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR REQUESTED INSURANCE QUOTE OR POLICY INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, CONSUMER AND/OR CREDIT REPORTS, OR DRIVING RECORDS, MAY BE ORDERED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR QUOTE REQUEST. THESE REPORTS MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY ASSIST PROVIDERS IN DETERMINING YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR INSURANCE, DISCOUNT HEALTH PLANS OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, AND RATES THAT YOU MAY BE CHARGED. CONSUMER REPORTS MAY ALSO BE USED FOR UPDATES, RENEWALS, OR EXTENSIONS OF ANY INSURANCE YOU MAY OBTAIN. A PROVIDER MAY ALSO OBTAIN AND USE A CREDIT-BASED INSURANCE SCORE CONTAINED IN YOUR CREDIT REPORT. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE COMBINED BY A PROVIDER WITH INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO US, AND BY CLICKING SUBMIT AND SEEKING A QUOTE REQUEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR WRITTEN PERMISSION TO OUR PROVIDERS TO OBTAIN YOUR CREDIT REPORT.
• Usage Data Generally. Like many internet companies, we track website and service usage data to improve the services we offer and the security of your interaction with the site. We collect user traffic patterns throughout our website. This information is collected to help improve website flow and usability. In addition, we track click-through information, including IP addresses, to our website from the reports and emails we send to our users. This is done to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, to discourage fraudulent use and to improve the security of our site and your interaction with the site.
• Clear GIFs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). Some of our third-party advertising partners employ a software technology called clear gifs (also called Web Beacons or Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to any user’s personally identifiable information.
• Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the mobile site, the events that occur within the mobile site, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the mobile site was accessed from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile website.
• We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at the email address listed above. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
• To request removal of your personal information from our blog, community forum, or testimonials contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Information Transfer And Insurance Policy.
• Other Usage and Offerings. As our business grows, from time to time we may seek to make available additional offerings and services including those that may not be insurance-related. In doing so, we will strive to give our users choices about whether or not you would like to continue to receive future promotional or marketing communications from us either directly or on behalf of others whose offerings we think may be of interest to you. In identifying which offerings we think may be of interest to you, we may use and analyze information you have provided to us. If you choose not to receive such marketing communications, you may still receive certain relationship or transactional communications from us as described herein. We do not plan to sell, rent or transfer your personally identifiable information for non-insurance related purposes to any third parties unless or except in connection with the merger, sale or reorganization of our business as set forth elsewhere in this policy.
• Protecting Our Legal Rights and Other’s Rights. We do not otherwise share personally identifiable information about website users with third parties unless we believe using or sharing such information is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
• We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a legal or judicial proceeding or court order.
• Merger or Sale of Company. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or have our assets sold to or merged with another entity, information that we receive from you through this website may be treated as an asset of the Company and may be transferred to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• If you use a blog on any of our sites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit in these blogs.
• We post customer testimonials/reviews on our sites, which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the providing customer’s consent prior to posting any such testimonial/review.
• This website is hosted in the United States and is intended exclusively for U.S. residents. In using this website you represent and warrant that you have any and all necessary authorization to submit the information contained in your requests, and that you expressly consent to the transfer, use, and forwarding by us of the information you provide to us through the website and to the United States.
• No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software and firewalls as part of our efforts to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
• The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as social security number, Driver’s license number, national ID, personal health information) on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
• If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs.